Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
Designer: Stone, IreneCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Irene of New York (Firm) (est. New York, New York, USA, early 1940's by Irene Stone)
Manufacturer: Irene of New YorkContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Irene of New York (Firm) (est. New York, New York, USA, early 1940's by Irene Stone)
Donor: Olmsted, RobertContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1955
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of artificial flowers. The hat, styled as a modified calotte (also spelled "calot"), is formed of a low slightly domed crown extending at front and back of stiffened mesh completely covered with artificial flowers of pink and white silk and with green silk leaves and wired stems covered in green silk. The hat is unlined, the under layers of mesh visible. Inside the crown at the sides are two short sections of brown grosgrain ribbon with attached small plastic combs to help secure the hat to wearer's head. Sewn inside the crown is designer's label: "Irene of New York".
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1955
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1984.016.035
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39228