Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
Designer: Carnegie, HattieCreator Type: Personal
Donor: Ellison, Robert A.Contributor Type: Personal
Retailer: Washer Bros. (Fort Worth, Texas)Contributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1955
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of navy blue wool felt. Styled as a calotte (also spelled "calot"), the hat is formed as a low crown of navy blue wool felt. At the back of the crown are nine staggered tucks running from the lower edge of crown to top, and then being tucked over and into a cut-out from 9 uneven tucks which radiate downward from the top of the crown towards the front of the hat. The hat is unlined, with an inner black/navy blue grosgrain ribbon hatband around inside base of crown. A stitched mark on hatband indicates front of hat. Designer's label is sewn to inner hatband: "Hattie Carnegie / Casual" Retailer's label is sewn to inner hatband: "Washer Bros / Fort Worth"
- Physical Description: Measurements: 21 cm. front to back; 21 cm. side to side; 10 cm. high at highest point.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1955
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Tarrant County - Fort Worth
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1984.006.076
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39227