Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
Designer: Green-Field, Benjamin B.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Green-Field, Benjamin B. (b. Chicago, Illinois, USA, 1898 - d. Chicago, Illinois, USA, 1988)
Donor: Ross, Mrs. R. I.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1960?
- No Language
- Content Description: Hatlet of indigo felt and beads. The hatlet is formed as a roughly rectangular piece of stiffened navy blue felt worn across the head from ear to ear, edged with navy blue beads. Surmounting the hatlet is a stacked series of four smaller stiffened rectangular strips running across the head, each edged with navy blue beads, with a fifth piece running perpendicular across the whole from front to back, forming a bow-like form at top front of hatlet. Hatlet is lined in stiffened navy blue mesh, edged inside with band of dark blue/gray/black grosgrain ribbon. At either side are attached small plastic combs to secure hatlet to wearer's head. Designer's Label: "Bes-Ben / Made in Chicago".
- Physical Description: Measurements: 21 cm. side to side; 14 cm. front to back; 13 cm. high at highest point.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1960?
- Place Name: United States - Illinois - Cook County - Chicago
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1983.025.003
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39225