Pillbox Hat Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Pillbox Hat
- Added Title Pill Box Hat
Designer: Green-Field, Benjamin B.Creator Type: Personal
Manufacturer: Bes-BenContributor Type: Organization
Donor: FitzSimmons, Mrs. James A.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1955
- No Language
- Content Description: Pillbox hat of black velvet. The cylindrical hat has a flattened crown with four clusters of 5 beaded spheres each along the top edge. The bottom edge of the crown is gently scalloped, and edged with small tubular beads. The crown is lined with black satin, and has an inner hatband of black grosgrain ribbon along the inside lower edge. Attached to the inner hatband on one side is single plastic comb (mate missing) to help secure hat to wearer's head. Designer's label inside crown: "Bes-Ben / Made in Chicago"; hand-written tag sewn in: "582"
- Physical Description: Measurements: 18 cm. front to back; 17.8 cm. side to side; 6.5 cm. high at highest point.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1955
- Place Name: United States - Illinois - Cook County - Chicago
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1983.018.001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39210