Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
Designer: Carnegie, HattieCreator Type: Personal
Retailer: Neiman-MarcusContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: also donor. Neiman-Marcus Co. (USA) (est. 1907 in Dallas, Texas, USA, by Herbert Marcus, Carrie Marcus-Neiman, and Al Neiman)
- Creation: 1935/1939
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of brown felt. Hat has a high, cylindrical crown, slightly "crumpled", with an asymmetrical brown felt brim that extends out and curls upwards. Highest point of brim is at front of the hat. Round crown, above mid-point, is hatband of dark brown grosgrain ribbon embellished with branching forms of beading, sequins, and metal leaves. This band meets at back and has extending segments cut at angles hanging from the back of the hat. Dark brown grosgrain ribbon hatband inside crown, with thin elastic cord fastened on either side to act as chinstrap to secure hat to wearer's head. The crown of the hat is composed of two sections of felt with the band of grosgrain ribbon between them. From inside of hat the back of the ribbon and the stitching of the beading is visible. Sewn into the inner ribbon band is designer's label: "Hattie Carnegie / Inc / Original / Expressly for / Neiman-Marcus"
- Physical Description: 14 cm. high from lowest point of brim to top of crown; 25 cm. across; 25.5 cm. from front to back.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1935
- End Date: 1939
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1982.011.010
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39205