Determining the Suitability of Functional Landscapes and Wildlife Corridors Utilizing Conservation GIS Methods in Denton County, Texas. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Determining the Suitability of Functional Landscapes and Wildlife Corridors Utilizing Conservation GIS Methods in Denton County, Texas.
Author: Sales, JoshuaCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Dong, PinliangContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Atkinson, Samuel F.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Committee Member: Smith, JulieContributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 2007-08
- Digitized: 2007-09-13
- Content Description: Denton County's unique cultural and natural landscape has undergone dramatic transformations during the past two centuries due to agricultural, urban and suburban processes which accelerated the loss and removal of native habitat and wildlife. This research sought out to identify the remaining natural areas which retain their natural features and support wildlife. Research methodology included fundamental principles of Conservation Planning, Geographical Information Systems, and Habitat Evaluation Procedures for identifying remnant functional landscapes and wildlife corridors. The final results suggest that Denton County's rural landscape retains the functional properties and elements suitable for habitat conservation and wildlife corridors, while also pointing to the fundamental obstacles to conservation posed by continued growth and private landownership.
- Keyword: Conservation
- Keyword: GIS
- Keyword: biogeography
- Keyword: wildlife
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Wildlife conservation -- Texas -- Denton County.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Corridors (Ecology) -- Texas -- Denton County.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Habitat (Ecology) -- Texas -- Denton County.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Geographic information systems.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Sales, Joshua
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- OCLC: 191674292
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc3920
- Degree Name: Master of Science
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Discipline: Applied Geography
- Academic Department: Department of Geography
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas