Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
Designer: Lucas, OttoCreator Type: Personal
Donor: Godbold, PatContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1955
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of red straw. The hat has a high crown of finely woven red straw, with flattened top. The sides of the crown have diagonal ridges forming a "zig-zag" around the crown. At it's base, the crown curves in and under, forming a "waist" around which is tied a band of ribbed knit(?) fabric, with bow at back. The shallow brim curves downwards. From the band around crown extends a gray/black veil which extends from slightly over 1/2 of the circumference of the hat. The hat is lined in red fabric, and has an inner hatband of red grosgrain ribbon around the inside base of the crown. Maker's label sewn to inner hatband: "Otto Lucas / Bond Street London / Made in England". The hat is accompanied by one short hatpin with red felt covered head to match hat.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Straw Work
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1955
- Place Name: England - Greater London Metropolitan Area - London
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1981.013.030
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39199