Pillbox Hat Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Pillbox Hat
- Added Title Pill Box Hat
Designer: Carnegie, HattieCreator Type: Personal
Donor: Godbold, PatContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1955
- No Language
- Content Description: Pillbox-style hat of black velvet and braid. The cylindrical crown is higher at front, and slightly domed at top. Around top and base of crown are running bands of black braid forming a series of loops, within each of which is a free-swinging black braid-covered ball. Lined in black mesh(?) and with an inner hatband of black grosgrain ribbon around the inside lower edge of crown. A small stitched mark on hatband indicates the front of the hat. Designer's label sewn to inner hatband: "Hattie Carnegie". The hat is accompanied by a short hatpin with black bead head.
- Physical Description: Measurements: 21 cm. front to back; 19 cm. side to side; 9 cm. high at highest point.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1955
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1981.013.006
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39195