Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Toque
Designer: Dior, ChristianCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Dior, Christian (b. Granville, Normandy, France, 1905 - d. Montecantini, Italy, 1957)
Donor: Godbold, PatContributor Type: Personal
Retailer: Lazarus (Columbus, Ohio)Contributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1955
- No Language
- Content Description: Toque of brown and green straw. The toque has a high, cylindrical crown with flattened top. The crown is made of bands of very fine green and more coarse brown/tan woven straw. The flattened top is of green, and along the sides are three narrow green bands, three narrow tan/brown bands, and the lowest, wide band of tan/brown. To one side of the toque is affixed a spray of artificial lily of the valley, tied with a red grosgrain ribbon bow. The hat is lined in blue/gray fabric, with an inner hatband of off-white grosgrain ribbon round the inside base of the crown. Designer's label sewn to inner headband: "Made in / England / Christian Dior / Chapeaux". Retailer's label sewn to inner headband: "Lazarus / French Room / Columbus, Ohio".
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Straw Work
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1955
- Place Name: England
- Place Name: United States - Ohio - Franklin County - Columbus
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1981.013.005
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39194