Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Headpiece
Former owner: Pavlova, AnnaContributor Type: Personal
Donor: Benjamin, LisaContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1920
- No Language
- Content Description: Headpiece of moderately muted red orange velour. The covered wire bandeau is designed to be worn over head, encircling ears, and has about thirty velour loops accented with eight randomly tied dangling pendants. Each pendant consists of three silver-colored globular beads and three silver oval beads and one larger white opaque globular glass bead at the end of each pendant. Donor stated that the piece had been worn by the Russian ballet dancer, Anna Pavlova.
- Physical Description: Measurements: 9 cm. from front to back; 27 cm. wide from side to side; 23 cm. from top of crown to lowest loop.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1920
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1981.007.001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39192