Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
Manufacturer: BeresfordCreator Type: Organization
Donor: Mattil, Edward L.Contributor Type: Personal
Manufacturer: United Hatters, Cap, and Millinery Workers International UnionContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1955/1959
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of black and white neora synthetic straw. Styled as a modified breton hat, the high domed crown is of woven black synthetic straw with white woven synthetic straw accents. The wide, matching brim is set off-center to the crown, wider at front than back, and is rolled up, forming a deep trough around the crown. At the front of the hat, affixed to the visible upturned underside of the brim is a large black plastic button with a black silk tassel extending from the center. The hat is lined in black mesh, with a black grosgrain ribbon inner hatband around the inside base of the crown. Manufacturer's label sewn to inner hatband: "Beresford". United Hatters Cap and Millinery Workers International Union sewn to inner hatband, with number "798738". Accompanied by a single short hatpin with simulated black pearl head.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Straw Work
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1955
- End Date: 1959
- Place Name: United States
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1979.005.015
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39187