Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Bonnet
Donor: Knott, RobertContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1928
- No Language
- Content Description: Bonnet. High domed cylindrical crown is made of artificial material simulating straw or horsehair in a lose weave forming concentric rings. The crown has applied standing bands of the woven material and has applique of flowers and leaves in various colors of velvet. Tied around base of crown is a pink silk band. The wide oval brim is of the same material as the crown, set so that it is wider side-to-side and narrower from front-to-back. The outer edge of the underside of the brim has a lining of pleated blue silk(?) ribbon. The crown of the hat is lined in pink fabric. No labels.
- Physical Description: Measurements: 31.5 cm. front to back; 39 cm. side to side; 21 cm. from lowest point of brim to top of crown.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1928
- Place Name: United States
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1975.004.068
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39182