Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Cloche
Donor: Pavey, Mrs. George M.Contributor Type: Personal
- No Language
- Content Description: Cloche hat of brown straw. The cylindrical crown is of Milan straw braid in a medium brown. The top of the crown is domed at center with a deep trough around inside of upper edge. The front of the crown is embellished with a hand-painted butterfly. Around the base of the crown is a wide band formed of inter-woven thin grosgrain ribbons in yellows, pinks, reds, blues, etc., around which is tied a loosely woven band of golden threads. Inner sides of crown are lined in a pink/coral/rose satin, with oval black satin panel sewn into inside top of crown lining. Embroidered inside crown lining with golden yellow thread is unidentified monogram (A & I G?), and what may be brand name: "Pliz Hats / Distinctive Models / Chicago - New York".
- Physical Description: Measurements: 19 cm. front to back; 20 cm. side to side; 14 cm. from top of crown to lowest point of brim.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Straw Work
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Other: Pliz Hats (Brand?)
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1966.018.040
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39118