Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
- Series Title Dallas Museum of Fashion Collection
Donor: Levy, Minnie GoldsmithContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1913
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of white felt fur. The domed crown is almost totally covered by ostrich feathers, dyed pale green with violet edges. The brim turns up at ends, and supports lavish embellishments consisting of artificial flowers of various colors of velvet, more dyed ostrich feathers, and a violet silk taffeta bow. The crown and brim, under the added decorations, is covered in a fine black net/veiling, which extends under the brim and into the inside of the crown. The crown is unlined, showing the fur. Maker's paper label partially preserved, attached inside crown: "[Monogram mark RAC(?)] / New York". Label also lists style, "Anita", and price of $4.00.
- Physical Description: Measurements, without feathers: 33 cm. front to back; 33 cm. side to side; 14 cm. from top of crown to lowest point of brim.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1913
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1962.001.338
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39100
- Display Note: This object was part of the Dallas Museum of Fashion collection. Founded in 1960 by the Fashion Group, Inc. of Dallas, the collection comprised important items of historic and current fashion. It was housed in the Apparel Mart, Dallas, and operated as the Dallas Museum of Fashion from 1960 until 1971. It moved to what was then North Texas State University in 1972, and became the Texas Fashion Collection.