Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Cloche
- Added Title Turban
Manufacturer: Rousseau, MarcelleCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Marcelle Rousseau was the working name name of Texas milliner Mrs. J.C. Bird, who was born ca. 1876 in Tarrant County, and died in Dallas, Tuesday, June 8, 1948, at age 72. Her shop was called The Argyle. It was closed for part of World War II, but reopened by March 1946.
- Creation: 1946/1949
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of cotton batik. Styled as a cloche-form turban, the domed crown is constructed of gathered/pleated and wrapped cotton fabric with batik design in beige/brown and blue on white ground. There is no brim. The hat is lined in cream satin, and has an inner hatband of brown grosgrain ribbon along the inside lower edge of the crown. Maker's label sewn to inner hatband: "Marcelle Rousseau / Dallas".
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Batik
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1946
- End Date: 1949
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1900.999.001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39089