Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
- Creation: 1910/1919
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of black velvet and satin. The crown is formed of stiffened circlet of black mesh overlaid with black velvet. The top of the crown is in two parts. The front is covered with black satin, pleated along edge to create fullness. The back of the top is of black velvet, full, and crushed, forming a surface somewhat like a beret. There is no brim, but at front the crown flares out slightly giving the suggestion of a brim. The hat is lined in black satin which is in poor condition, allowing the inner structure to be viewed. There are no labels or marks in the hat.
- Physical Description: Measurements: 28 cm. front to back; 27 cm. side to side; 15 cm. from top of crown to lowest point of brim.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1910
- End Date: 1919
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1900.893.001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39058