Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Calotte
Manufacturer: Ere Nouvelle (New York, New York)Creator Type: Organization
- Creation: 1955
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of black velvet and beading. The hat is styled as a calotte (also spelled "calot") of black velvet, with an irregular lower edge. Set around the calotte are 5 large tear-drop shaped rhinestones, 4 at front and 1 at back. Each stone is bordered by concentric bands of pearls, small rhinestones and gray tubular beads. The beading bands continue around the hat, linking the larger stones, and becomes the lower border of the hat. The hat is lined with black satin, and has an inner hatband of black grosgrain ribbon. A small stitched mark on the inner hatband indicates the front of the hat. Maker's label sewn to inner hatband: "Ere Nouvelle / New York / Reg. U.S. Pat. Off." Sewn to maker's label is size label: "22 / MSC"
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Beadwork
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1955
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1900.068.002
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39053