Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
Designer: Carnegie, HattieCreator Type: Personal
- Creation: 1955
- No Language
- Content Description: Toque-style hat of navy blue felt. The hemispherical crown is of navy blue felt with a folded-up back section from which radiates three large arrow-head shapes (forming a stylized fleur-de-lys seen from above). The shapes are formed of the same material as the hat, but with the reverse side showing, creating different shade/texture. At back of hat are two short trailing ribbons. The hat is unlined, with inner dark blue grosgrain ribbon hatband around inside base of crown. A small stitch mark on the hatband indicates the front of the hat. Designer's label sewn to inner hatband: "Hattie Carnegie". Visible inside the crown is part of a stamped mark from the felt supplier. Accompanied by two short hatpins, the heads covered in the same felt as the hat.
- Physical Description: Measurements: 22 cm. front to back; 23 cm. side to side; 10 cm. high at highest point.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1955
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1900.047.002
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39046