Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
Designer: Stone, IreneCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Irene of New York (Firm) (est. New York, New York, USA, early 1940's by Irene Stone)
Manufacturer: Irene of New YorkContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Irene of New York (Firm) (est. New York, New York, USA, early 1940's by Irene Stone)
Retailer: Neiman-Marcus SalonContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Neiman-Marcus Co. (USA) (est. 1907 in Dallas, Texas, USA, by Herbert Marcus, Carrie Marcus-Neiman, and Al Neiman)
- Creation: 1955
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of green velvet. The low, domed crown of dark green velvet is surrounded by a band of the same fabric, with a wide "belt loop" at back. The brim is off-center, some what wider at front, also of dark green velvet, very full and somewhat gathered into the band around the crown. The crown is lined in black mesh, and has an inner hatband of brown grosgrain ribbon. A small taupe stitched start on the inner hatband indicates the front of the hat. Maker's label sewn to inner hatband: "Irene of New York". Retailer's label sewn to inner hatband: "Neiman-Marcus / Salon"
- Physical Description: Measurements: 35 cm. front to back; 34 cm. side to side; 14 cm. from top of crown to lowest point of brim.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1955
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1900.055.002
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39042