Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Pumps
Designer: House of ChanelCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: House of Chanel (Paris, France) established ca. 1920 by Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel, closed ca. 1940-1954, reopened 1954, and run by Chanel until her death in 1971. After 1971 run by various designers.
Donor: Black, MaryContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1980/1989
- No Language
- Content Description: Pair of tan and black leather sling-back pumps. Uppers of tan/brown leather with black leather toe cap. Sling-back strap with gilt metal buckle. 2 3/4" continental heel covered in tan/brown leather. Shoe lined in putty colored leather. Sole of natural brown leather. Stamped in each shoe: "Made in France"; Chanel / [logo]". Stamped inside upper: "105002 37". Stamped on sole: "37 / DE / [logo] / Coupe monte fini main".
- Physical Description: Size: 7; 23 cm. long; 8 cm. at widest; 14cm. at highest; Heel: 6. cm. (2 3/4") high on axis with cap.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Shoes (Footwear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Pumps (Shoes)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Shoes
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1980
- End Date: 1989
- Place Name: France
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 2011.007.010
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39036