Wedding Shoes Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Wedding Shoes
- Series Title Dallas Museum of Fashion Collection
Manufacturer: C.A. Verner Co. (Pittsburgh, PA)Creator Type: Organization
Former owner: Dunnells, Bess McChordContributor Type: Personal
Donor: Ballard, Mrs. J.C.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1901
- No Language
- Content Description: Pair of ladies' white heavy satin wedding shoes. Designed with pointed toes, the shoes have a fastening strap across instep with a single domed opalescent/milky white glass button. Across vamp is applied white satin bow with decorative gilt metal rectangular buckle with lobed ends. One buckle missing. Lined in white fabric. Sole of natural brown leather, heel covered in white satin. Medium-height heel with rounded sides and back, curving inwards and then flaring out to base, similar to a Louis heel. Stamped inside shoe in gilt: "C.A. Verner / Pittsburgh" Worn by Bess McChord (1874-1903) at her wedding to Clifford Dunnells, January 1, 1901.
- Physical Description: Size 5 1/2.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Shoes (Footwear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Shoes
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Customs - Weddings
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1901
- Place Name: United States - Pennsylvania - Allegheny County - Pittsburgh
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1965.040.002
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39005
- Display Note: This object was part of the Dallas Museum of Fashion collection. Founded in 1960 by the Fashion Group, Inc. of Dallas, the collection comprised important items of historic and current fashion. It was housed in the Apparel Mart, Dallas, and operated as the Dallas Museum of Fashion from 1960 until 1971. It moved to what was then North Texas State University in 1972, and became the Texas Fashion Collection.