Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Shoes
Donor: McKee, Mrs. M.J. (Velma)Contributor Type: Personal
Retailer: Volk BrothersContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1918
- No Language
- Content Description: Pair of woman's shoes of black leather and black suede. The black leather toe sections of the shoes are designed with gently rounded points. The back part of the shoes, and the single strap across the instep, are of black suede. Each of the straps secure with two circular iridescent black buttons. Shoes are lined in tan cloth inside toes, black leather insoles, and black fabric inside heels. Soles of black and tan leather. Medium heel of modified French style, with rounded sides and back, and slightly curving inner side. Stamped in gilt on insole: "Bench / Volk's / Made". Hand-written notation inside shoes: "6C / 18638 / 29"
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Shoes (Footwear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Shoes
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1910
- End Date: 1919
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1965.016.003
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39002