High Button Shoes Metadata

Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.

Title

  • Main Title High Button Shoes
  • Added Title Boots
  • Series Title Dallas Museum of Fashion Collection

Contributor

  • Donor: McKee, Mrs. M.J. (Velma)
    Contributor Type: Personal

Date

  • Creation: 1914

Language

  • No Language

Description

  • Content Description: Pair of lady's boots or "High Button Shoes" of black leather. The shoes, designed with pointed toes, close along center front with laces, 19 holes high. Medium/high heels styled as a modified boulevard or Louis heel, with rounded sides and back, flaring to base, and with curved front section. Sole of black leather. Stamped on lining: "350 760 / 3027 [monogram]"

Subject

  • Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Shoes (Footwear)
  • Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Boots (Footwear)
  • University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Shoes

Primary Source

  • Item is a Primary Source

Coverage

  • Start Date: 1910
  • End Date: 1919
  • Place Name: United States

Collection

  • Name: Texas Fashion Collection
    Code: TXFC

Institution

  • Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + Design
    Code: UNTCVA

Rights

  • Rights Access: public
  • Rights License: by-nc-nd
  • Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.

Resource Type

  • Physical Object

Format

  • Image

Identifier

  • Accession or Local Control No: 1965.016.002
  • Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39001

Note

  • Display Note: This object was part of the Dallas Museum of Fashion collection. Founded in 1960 by the Fashion Group, Inc. of Dallas, the collection comprised important items of historic and current fashion. It was housed in the Apparel Mart, Dallas, and operated as the Dallas Museum of Fashion from 1960 until 1971. It moved to what was then North Texas State University in 1972, and became the Texas Fashion Collection.