High Button Shoes Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title High Button Shoes
- Added Title Boots
- Series Title Dallas Museum of Fashion Collection
Donor: McKee, Mrs. M.J. (Velma)Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1914
- No Language
- Content Description: Pair of lady's boots or "High Button Shoes" of black suede. The shoes, designed with pointed toes, are embellished with subtle rows of perforations and stitching. Each boot closes along center front with laces, 19 holes high. Medium/high heels styled as a modified boulevard or Louis heel, with rounded sides and back, flaring to base, and with curved front section. Sole of black leather. Hand-written notation inside on lining: "270 85434"
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Shoes (Footwear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Boots (Footwear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Shoes
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1910
- End Date: 1919
- Place Name: United States
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1965.016.001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc39000
- Display Note: This object was part of the Dallas Museum of Fashion collection. Founded in 1960 by the Fashion Group, Inc. of Dallas, the collection comprised important items of historic and current fashion. It was housed in the Apparel Mart, Dallas, and operated as the Dallas Museum of Fashion from 1960 until 1971. It moved to what was then North Texas State University in 1972, and became the Texas Fashion Collection.