Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Pumps
- Series Title Dallas Museum of Fashion Collection
Donor: Asche, Mrs. Abraham J.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1881~
- No Language
- Content Description: Pair of plum purple satin pumps. The shoes are designed with a rounded toe, and plain uppers. The low heel is of a modified Louis or Cuban style, set in, and covered with matching fabric. Partly lined in white kidskin leather.
- Physical Description: Measurements: Length: 24 cm Width: 7.5cm Height: 10cm Heel: 4cm (1 1/2") high on axis w/cap
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Shoes (Footwear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Pumps (Shoes)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Shoes
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Customs - Weddings
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1881~
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1966.043.001 c-d
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38992
- Display Note: These shoes were made/dyed to match a dress worn as a wedding dress about 1881.
- Display Note: This object was part of the Dallas Museum of Fashion collection. Founded in 1960 by the Fashion Group, Inc. of Dallas, the collection comprised important items of historic and current fashion. It was housed in the Apparel Mart, Dallas, and operated as the Dallas Museum of Fashion from 1960 until 1971. It moved to what was then North Texas State University in 1972, and became the Texas Fashion Collection.