Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Shoes
- Creation: 1895~
- No Language
- Content Description: Pair of shoes of white silk damask with embroidery in green, blue, and pink. Around throat and upper edge is band of green embroidered pine cones(?)and scallop band. At toe is embroidered blossom in pale pink and blue, with trailing branches in greens with leaves in greens and buds in pinks and butterflies in greens, pinks, and browns. Along sides are similar embroidered branches, leaves, buds, and blossoms. Throatline of shoe with black banding. At point of throat is applied 3-dimensional flower of silk ribbon. Inner sole of dark tan leather, insides of shoes lined with pink/beige silk(?). Soles of leather, with built-up or stacked 1 1/4" (3cm) modified louis or opera heels. Stamped inside shoes in red are various marks in Chinese(?), and maker's mark, which is mostly illegible. Shoes are of the type called "straight lasts" in western society - no differentiation between left and right shoe.
- Physical Description: 24.5 cm. long; 8 cm. at widest point; 9 cm. high at highest point. Heel: 3 cm. (1 1/4") high at axis.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Shoes (Footwear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Embroidery
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Shoes
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1890/1899
- Place Name: Hong Kong
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1900.055.003
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38980