Megalonaias nervosa, Specimen #1655 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Megalonaias nervosa, Specimen #1655
Collector: Hammontree, SarahCreator Type: Personal
Collector: Pulliam, LaurenCreator Type: Personal
Collector: Perry, HeatherCreator Type: Personal
Collector: Mabe, JefferyCreator Type: Personal
Owner: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Owner Institution Code: EFNHM
Author: RafinesqueContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Citation: (Rafinesque, 1820)
- Creation: 2011-06-11
- No Language
- Content Description: One preserved mussel specimen including both the left and right valves. The specimen exhibits a rhomboidal shape; moderately thick shell; double looped beak sculpturing; white internal coloring; tan external coloring; external sculpturing in the form of ridges. Collected in the Guadalupe basin. The specimen measures between 0 - 60 mm in length and was assessed to be recently dead when collected.
- Physical Description: One mussel shell (2 valves) : white and tan ; 0 - 60 mm
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Freshwater mussels -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Zoological specimens -- Texas.
- Keyword: shells
- Scientific Name: Megalonaias nervosa
- Keyword: washboard
- Keyword: Guadalupe River
- Keyword: Guadalupe basin
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - DeWitt County
Name: Joseph Britton Freshwater Mussel CollectionCode: JOSEPH
Name: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumCode: EFNHM
- Accession or Local Control No: Catalog Number: 00001655
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38935
- Academic Department: Biological Sciences