Arcidens confragosus, Specimen #1642 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Arcidens confragosus, Specimen #1642
Collector: Hammontree, SarahCreator Type: Personal
Collector: Mabe, JefferyCreator Type: Personal
Collector: Perry, HeatherCreator Type: Personal
Collector: Pulliam, LaurenCreator Type: Personal
Owner: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Owner Institution Code: EFNHM
Author: SayContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Citation: (Say, 1829)
- Creation: 2011-06-18
- No Language
- Content Description: One preserved mussel specimen including the right valve only. The specimen exhibits a quadrate shape; moderately thick shell; white internal coloring; dark brown external coloring; external sculpturing in the form of ridges. Collected in the Guadalupe basin. The specimen measures between 0 - 60 mm in length and was assessed to be long dead when collected.
- Physical Description: One mussel shell (1 valve) : white and dark brown ; 0 - 60 mm
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Freshwater mussels -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Zoological specimens -- Texas.
- Keyword: shells
- Scientific Name: Arcidens confragosus
- Keyword: rock pocketbook
- Keyword: San Antonio River
- Keyword: Guadalupe basin
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Goliad County
Name: Joseph Britton Freshwater Mussel CollectionCode: JOSEPH
Name: Elm Fork Natural Heritage MuseumCode: EFNHM
- Accession or Local Control No: Catalog Number: 00001642
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38922
- Academic Department: Biological Sciences