From Rodeos to Indie Rock: The Economic and Fiscal Impacts of Selected Cultural Events in Denton, Texas Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title From Rodeos to Indie Rock: The Economic and Fiscal Impacts of Selected Cultural Events in Denton, Texas
Author: Seman, MichaelCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Director: Clower, Terry L.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Contributor: Hendershot, PaulContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: University of North Texas; Contributor to the IMPLAN modeling process
- Creation: 2010-08-01
- Content Description: This report discusses the economic and fiscal impacts of selected cultural events in Denton, Texas.
- Physical Description: 17 p.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance
- Keyword: economics
- Keyword: cultural events
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT Center for Economic Development and ResearchCode: UNTCEDR
- Rights Access: public
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38895
- Display Note: Abstract: This report discusses the economic and fiscal impacts of selected cultural events in Denton, Texas. Denton, Texas is the 11th largest city in the DFW region and located in the 29th fastest growing county in the nation. As more people continue to migrate to the North Texas region, Denton is a premier option for those looking for a community that is "north of ordinary." The abundance of cultural events hosted by Denton offers a wide range of entertainment options. Realizing the importance of these events, the City of Denton directly and indirectly provides support and services that are critical to event success. The question is what is the return to the city for incurring expenses and providing support for local cultural events? It is against this backdrop that the University of North Texas Center for Economic Development and Research was asked to examine the economic and fiscal impacts of eight selected cultural events in Denton, Texas.