North Texas State Fair & Rodeo: The Economic Impacts of Existing Activities and Preliminary Feasibility Assessment for New Fairgrounds and Expo Center Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title North Texas State Fair & Rodeo: The Economic Impacts of Existing Activities and Preliminary Feasibility Assessment for New Fairgrounds and Expo Center
Author: Seman, MichaelCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Other: Clower, Terry L.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Under the direction of: Terry L. Clower, Ph.D.
Name: University of North Texas. Center for Economic Development and Research.Place of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 2009-07
- Content Description: This report discusses the economic impacts of existing activities and gives a preliminary feasibility assessment for new fairgrounds and expo center. The economic and fiscal impacts generated by fairs, rodeos, horse shows, and cattle shows nationwide are significant. Impacts estimated in the millions of dollars are not uncommon for regional and state events. It is against this backdrop that the University of North Texas Center for Economic Development and Research has been asked to estimate the economic and fiscal impacts of the North Texas State Fair & Rodeo, as well as examine the potential market for and economic and fiscal impacts of building a new exposition center in Denton County. Later in this report, we will also examine the experiences of ten exposition centers across Texas and the U.S. that illustrate the types of events, and the associated costs, that would likely attend construction and operation of such a center in Denton County.
- Physical Description: 71 p. : col. ill.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Sports and Recreation - Rodeos
- Keyword: economic impacts
- Keyword: fairgrounds
- Keyword: horse shows
- Keyword: exposition centers
- Keyword: feasibility assessments
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Denton County
- Coverage Date: 1990~/2030~
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT Center for Economic Development and ResearchCode: UNTCEDR
- Rights Access: public
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38894
- Display Note: "[W]ith the assistance of students in AECO 4080 Economic & Community Development, Spring 2009."