Petroleum and Natural Gas Fields in Wyoming Page: 24
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
PETROLEUM AND NATURAL GAS FIELDS IN WYOMING
well was plugged and abandoned in 1956. The
oil from the field was transported by truck.
The Bearcat unit, approved December 30,
1954, consisted of 12,608 acres.
The Beaver Creek field (fig. 13) is a gently
folded anticline in secs. 21, 28, and 34, T. 34 N.,
R. 96 W., and secs. 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 14, and 15, T.
33 N., R. 96 W., Fremont County. The field
is 20 miles east of Lander and 14 miles south-
east of Riverton. It lies between the Riverton
Dome and Big Sand Draw fields The east
side of the structure has the steepest dip.
Based on the Lakota sandstone the subsurface
closure is over 1,200 feet. Several east-west
trending faults having a maximum vertical
displacement of 160 feet cut the fold at the
south end of the field. The field rests along
the Beaver Creek drainage in a broad valley,
which is floored by strata of the Wind River
formation and has a surface elevation of 5,250
to 5,400 feet above sea level.
WEST-EAST CROSS SECTION A-A'
A 8 4 2
CONTOURS DRAWN ON TOP OF LAKOTA SANDSTONE
GEOLOGY BY W.S. McCABE
DATUM IS MEAN SEA LEVEL
* GAS WELL
+ DRY HOLE
* OIL WELL
WELL STATUS, REVISED / 1/57
FIGURE 13.-Structure-Contour Map of Beaver Creek Field, Fremont County, Wyo.
Here’s what’s next.
This report can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Report.
Biggs, Paul & Espach, Ralph H. Petroleum and Natural Gas Fields in Wyoming, report, 1960; Washington D.C.. (digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc38797/m1/38/: accessed November 19, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.