Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Gloves
Manufacturer: Aris Glove CompanyCreator Type: Organization
- Creation: 1927/1939
- No Language
- Content Description: Gloves of light off white kid leather with brown piping. Hands have 3 darts outlined with brown thread on top; wrist portion extends almost to elbow; triangular inserts of same leather with tiny circles punched out lays over brown leather create full trumpet shaped wrist opening; vent at bottom wrist near hand with 2 pearl button closures. Stamped inside of left glove: "Made in Saxony"; "9468"; "V T ES / 1445"; "ARIS" (logo within arch); "US PAT / AUG 22 '27" Stamped inside of right glove: "6"; "US PAT / SEPT 19'22"' "3126 / 8"; "9468"
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Gloves (Handwear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1927
- End Date: 1939
- Place Name: Germany - Saxony
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 2009-011-011
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38133