Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Gloves
Manufacturer: Julius Kayser & Co.Creator Type: Organization
- Creation: 1930/1939
- No Language
- Content Description: Pair of ladies' gloves. The "hands" are of pale brown with white fabric, possibly a silk/cotton blend. Seamed on inside, they have 3 darts on back of each hand done with dark brown stitching. At wrist on each side is a v-shaped extension which joins to the "cuff", which is of light brown cotton with yellow tones. The scalloped edges of the "cuff" and semi-circular sections on the back of each are piped in dark brown fabric. The "cuffs" are styled as a wrap dress, with an overlap at back of wrist. The overlap has a single cylindrical button of black plastic designed to appear carved with three notches in the side revealing pale green/yellow below and at ends. Manufacturer's tag inside gloves: "Kayser, 52 * Reg / Made in Germany / 6"; Stamped in lining by tag: "Kayser 52". The gloves are accompanied by the original paper care tag: "WASH / GLOVES / ON HANDS / Use almost cool / water and a pure / mild soap. We re- / commend PALM- / OLIVE BEADS. Do / not rub. After wash- / ing take gloves off / rinse thoroughly in / cold water. Pull / lengthwise wrap / and squeeze in / towel. Then stretch / into shape and / leave to dry / KAYSER / The Name on every pair / Made in Germany / Trade Marks / Rege Krussig."
- Physical Description: Size 6.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Gloves (handwear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories
- Other: Palmolive Beads
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: Germany
- Start Date: 1930
- End Date: 1939
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 2009-011-009
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38131