Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Toque
Designer: Vallé, MarionCreator Type: Personal
Donor: Rimbey, RosemaryContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1955
- No Language
- Content Description: Toque of off-white artificial straw. The toque, formed as a low cap, has a flattened circular crown of artificial(?) off-white woven straw, which is divided into 4 unequal segments by two bands of crossing yellow velvet ribbon. At the front, where the bands of ribbon turn under to the brim are affixed two sprays of artificial flowers. The base of the crown bends under and out and back in to form a tiny brim. The hat is unlined, with an inner hatband of off-white grosgrain ribbon around inside base of crown. Inside the hat, one at either side, are triangular wire pieces covered in matching yellow velvet ribbon to help secure the hat to wearer's head. Affixed to the inner hatband is a black elastic cord to help secure the hat to wearer's head. Sewn inside crown is maker's label: "Marion Vallé / New York". The hat is accompanied by a short hatpin, the head covered in yellow velvet to match the ribbon.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Straw Work
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1955
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1998.027.006
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38126