Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Dress
Designer: Scaasi, ArnoldCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Also donor.
- Creation: 1990
- No Language
- Content Description: Dress of red chiffon, sequins and beading. The bodice of the dress is of draped red chiffon with deep V-neckline at front and shawl collar with deep drape at back. The long, full sleeves gather into tight cuffs, each having four red chiffon covered domed buttons and red fabric loops. At the natural waist of the dress is a horizontally ruched band which gives the effect of a sash of the same material, with simulated bow and trailing ends. The bodice simulates a wrap dress, with one side of the collar ends becoming part of the bow of the sash, and the other securing inside with a snap. The bow conceals three hook-and-eye closures and the top of the zipper closure. The short skirt is completely covered with sequins and beads. Black sequins run in horizontal and vertical bands forming a grid/trellis pattern. The vertical rectangular spaces within the grid are filled with rectangles of sequins in green, black, white and orange/red, or with tubular beads in white/iridescent, gray and yellow. There are also scattered irregular patches of orange white or green sequins on the black sequin grid. The skirt is lined in black fabric. Designer's label sewn inside at right neckline: "Arnold Scaasi"; pinned-in label at hem with hand-written notation: "5019" From Scaasi's Fall 1990 collection.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Dresses (Garments)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Beadwork
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1990
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1997.011.031
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38119