Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Fan
Manufacturer: Casa de Diego (Madrid, Spain)Creator Type: Organization
Donor: Monasee, LyraContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1950/1986
- No Language
- Content Description: Folding fan. Plain shaped wooden sticks and guards. Leaf of cream paper with thin border of brown. On the leaf are three printed vignettes: 1) view of a street through an archway, titled "Calle de Cuchilleros"; 2) View of the exterior of a church/mission, titled "San Antonio de la Florida"; 3) Scene of a bear shaking a tree, entitled "Madrid". Maker's stamp on back of leaf at guard: "Casa de Diego" Created between 1950 and 1986.
- Physical Description: Measurements: Guards: 25 cm. long x 1.2 cm. at widest; overall 43.5 x 24.5 cm. when open.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Fans (Costume Accessories)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1950
- End Date: 1986
- Place Name: Spain - Madrid Autonomous Community - Madrid Province - Madrid
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1986.006.108
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38115