Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hatlet
Designer: Green-Field, Benjamin B.Creator Type: Personal
Manufacturer: Bes-BenContributor Type: Organization
Donor: Anderson, PatriciaContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1960
- No Language
- Content Description: Hatlet of brown plastic tubing. Hatlet formed of a spiral of twisted brown plastic tubing. The shallow, dished crown has four large bows of the same tubing spaced along the edges, with the "ends" pointing upwards. The hatlet has a brown net veil, with pieces of the brown tubing worked into some of the intersections. The inside of the crown is lined in brown mesh, and edged in brown velvet piping. Two plastic combs, one at each side, are inside crown to secure hatlet to wearer's head. Designer's Label: "Bes-Ben / Made in Chicago".
- Physical Description: Measurements, without veiling: 20 cm. front to back; 19 cm. side to side; 8 cm. high at highest point.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1960
- Place Name: United States - Illinois - Cook County - Chicago
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1985.003.001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38113