Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
Manufacturer: Cedar CrestCreator Type: Organization
Donor: Mattil, Betty MarzanContributor Type: Personal
Donor: Mattil, EdwardContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1955/1959
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of natural straw. The high, cylindrical crown is slightly domed, and is encircled by two wide bands of pale yellow grosgrain ribbon. The brim is off-center, wider at front, and turns up sharply at edge. The brim is edged with same ribbon as encircles the crown. The hat is unlined, with a band of pale yellow grosgrain ribbon inside base of crown as inner hatband. Maker's label sewn to inner hatband: "Cedar Crest / Original"
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Straw Work
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1955
- End Date: 1959
- Place Name: United States
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1984.001.037
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38108