Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Turban
Designer: Green-Field, Benjamin B.Creator Type: Personal
Manufacturer: Bes-BenContributor Type: Organization
Donor: Ross, Ann LeeContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1960
- No Language
- Content Description: Turban of printed fabric. The turban is made from fabric printed with blue, red and brown ocher ducks and white cattails on a navy blue background. The turban is lined in dull red mesh, and has an inner hatband of dark blue grosgrain ribbon. Designer's label sewn to inner hatband: "Bes-Ben / Made in Chicago". Beside designer's label is model number label: "720" Accompanied by a single short hatpin with square multi-colored glass head.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1960
- Place Name: United States - Illinois - Cook County - Chicago
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1983.025.002a
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38105