Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hatlet
Designer: Green-Field, Benjamin B.Creator Type: Personal
Manufacturer: Bes-BenContributor Type: Organization
Donor: Ross, Mrs. R.I.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1960
- No Language
- Content Description: Hatlet of black velvet. Main section of hatlet formed as a black velvet skullcap, with large black velvet bow in front with 7 large stiff black velvet loops at each side. Interior lined in black mesh and edged with black grosgrain ribbon. At either side is a small plastic comb to secure hat to wearer's head. Designer's label inside crown: "Bes-Ben / Made in Chicago" Gift of Mrs. R.I. Ross, through the Chicago Historical Society.
- Physical Description: Measurements: 19 cm. front to back; 24 cm. side to side; 10 cm. high at highest point.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1960
- Place Name: United States - Illinois - Cook County - Chicago
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1983.025.001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38104