Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hatlet
Designer: Green-Field, Benjamin B.Creator Type: Personal
Manufacturer: Bes-BenContributor Type: Organization
Donor: North, Mrs. William S.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1960
- No Language
- Content Description: Hatlet of black velvet with beads and cut-steel butterflies. Black velvet hatlet, the slightly domed openwork crown formed by three "teardrop" shapes of black velvet edged with black beads, connected at the points, and connected at bottom edges with short curved black velvet "bridges" also edged with black beads. In each of the teardrop sections is set a large black stamped metal "cut steel" style butterfly. Evidence of black net veil, now missing. Interior of crown lined with black felt, and with two plastic combs to secure hatlet to wearer's head. Designer's label: "Bes-Ben / Made in Chicago". Model number label(?): "649" Gift of Mrs. William S. North.
- Physical Description: Measurements: 16 cm. front to back; 16 cm. side to side; 6 cm. high at highest point.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1960
- Place Name: United States - Illinois - Cook County - Chicago
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1983.009.002
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38099