Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hatlet
Designer: Green-Field, Benjamin B.Creator Type: Personal
Manufacturer: Bes-BenContributor Type: Organization
Donor: Wyle, Mrs. John M.Contributor Type: Personal
Former owner: Finn, Mrs. Joseph M.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1970
- No Language
- Content Description: Hatlet of red beads. Crown of the hatlet is composed of an irregular skullcap of stiffened red mesh covered with red beads. Set atop the the hatlet are three large e-dimentional "bow" shapes composed of the red beads. The hatlet has a red net veil. Under the skullcap are attached two small plastic combs to secure the hatlet to wearer's head. Designer's Label: "Bes-Ben / Made in Chicago" Gift of Mrs. John M. (Patricia) Wyle. Worn by Mrs. Joseph M. Finn of Chicago, Illinois.
- Physical Description: Measurements, not including veil: 15 cm. front to back; 18 cm. side to side; 9 cm. high at highest point.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Beadwork
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1970
- Place Name: United States - Illinois - Cook County - Chicago
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1982.019.001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38097