Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hatlet
Designer: Green-Field, Benjamin B.Creator Type: Personal
Manufacturer: Bes-BenContributor Type: Organization
Donor: Hunt, Mrs. William O.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1960/1965
- No Language
- Content Description: Hatlet of beaded openwork. Hatlet in calot (also spelled "calotte") style formed as an irregularly shaped openwork skullcap of stiffened mesh completely covered in small brown beads. Around the lower edge of the skullcap are protruding sections, shaped as stylized lobed leaves, covered with same brown beads and with many stiffened loops of smaller brown beads. Hatlet lined in stiff brown mesh and edged with thin strip of brown velvet. Designer's label inside hatlet: "Bes-Ben / Made in Chicago". Gift of Mrs. William O. Hunt, of Finders Keepers, Chicago, Illinois.
- Physical Description: Measurements: 21 cm. front to back; 20 cm. side to side; 10.5 cm. high at highest point.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Beadwork
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1960
- End Date: 1965
- Place Name: United States - Illinois - Cook County - Chicago
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1982.002.005
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38089