Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hatlet
Designer: Green-Field, Benjamin B.Creator Type: Personal
Manufacturer: Bes-BenContributor Type: Organization
Donor: Hunt, Mrs. William O.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1960/1965
- No Language
- Content Description: Hatlet of blue embroidered appliques. The irregularly-shaped skull-cap is formed of stiffened blue mesh with a wired edge covered in dark navy blue velvet. Over the surface of the hatlet are applied navy blue embroidered appliques of coiled braid and French knots. Stray threads indicate the hat probably had an overlaying net/veil, now missing. Underneath the hat are attached two small plastic combs to secure hatlet to wearer's head. Designer's label sewn inside hat: "Bes-Ben / Made in Chicago", and a second, hand-written label indicating the style(?): "346".
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Needlework
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1960
- End Date: 1965
- Place Name: United States - Illinois - Cook County - Chicago
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1982.002.003
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38088