Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hatlet
Designer: Green-Field, Benjamin B.Creator Type: Personal
Manufacturer: Bes-BenContributor Type: Organization
Donor: Gordon, MegContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1960
- No Language
- Content Description: Hatlet of green velvet, artificial flowers and crystals. The circular crown formed of an open ring covered with velvet, embellished with a dense covering of velvet and silk artificial flowers and with scattered crystals/rhinestones. The hatlet is overlaid with a fine green net/veil. The underside of the hatlet is lined in green mesh and edged with green velvet. Two small plastic combs are attached by elastic combs, to secure the hatlet to wearer's head. Maker's label sewn to underside of hat: "Bes-Ben / Made in Chicago".
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1960
- Place Name: United States - Illinois - Cook County - Chicago
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1981.021.004
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38085