Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hatlet
Designer: Green-Field, Benjamin B.Creator Type: Personal
Manufacturer: Bes-BenContributor Type: Organization
Donor: Gordon, MegContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1960
- No Language
- Content Description: Hatlet of light orange straw. The hat is formed as an openwork bow made of a ribbon of woven light orange straw. The bow curves to fit the shape of the head, with all edges trimmed in orange glass beads. Two small plastic combs are attached to the underside of the hatlet to secure it to wearer's head. Designer's label sewn to underside of hatlet: "Bes-Ben / Made in Chicago"; and hand-written style label "620"
- Physical Description: Measurements: 16 cm. front to back; 20 cm. side to side; 9 cm. from base to top.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Straw Work
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1960
- Place Name: United States - Illinois - Cook County - Chicago
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1981.021.003
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38084