Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hatlet
Designer: Green-Field, Benjamin B.Creator Type: Personal
Manufacturer: Bes-BenContributor Type: Organization
Donor: Doyle, William T.Contributor Type: Personal
Former owner: Offield, Dorothy WrigleyContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1955
- No Language
- Content Description: Hatlet of brown velvet and plastic. Hatlet in calot (also spelled "calotte") style. Low circular domed crown of deep copper brown velvet is edged with band consisting of seven diamond-shaped plastic tortoiseshell plaques threaded and tied on two strands of brown plastic tubing. Surmounting hat is fine veil of brown netting. Crown is lined with brown mesh and edged with inner hatband of brown grosgrain ribbon. Three plastic combs are attached to inner hatband to secure hatlet to wearer's head. Designer's Label: "Bes-Ben / Made in Chicago" Gift of William T. Doyle, from the estate of Dorothy Wrigley Offield, through the Chicago Historical Society.
- Physical Description: Measurements, not including veiling: 20 cm. front to back; 18 cm. front to back; 7 cm. high at highest point.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1955
- Place Name: United States - Illinois - Cook County - Chicago
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1981.001.004
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38066