Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hatlet
Designer: Green-Field, Benjamin B.Creator Type: Personal
Manufacturer: Bes-BenContributor Type: Organization
Donor: Doyle, William T.Contributor Type: Personal
Former owner: Offield, Dorothy WrigleyContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1955
- No Language
- Content Description: Hatlet of black plastic tubing. Formed as an open circular crown, the hatlet is composed of three sections of black tubing shaped as crescents, attached at points. Overlaid with black net veiling with sections of black tubing affixed at some intersections. Crown is lined with black mesh, and edged in black velvet. Designer's label inside crown: "Bes-Ben / Made in Chicago". Gift of William T. Doyle, from the estate of Dorothy Wrigley Offield, through the Chicago Historical Society.
- Physical Description: Measurements, excluding veiling: 19 cm. front to back; 21 cm. side to side; 8 cm. high at highest point.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1955
- Place Name: United States - Illinois - Cook County - Chicago
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1981.001.003
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38065