Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hatlet
Designer: Green-Field, Benjamin B.Creator Type: Personal
Manufacturer: Bes-BenContributor Type: Organization
Donor: Doyle, William T.Contributor Type: Personal
Former owner: Offield, Dorothy WrigleyContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1955
- No Language
- Content Description: Hatlet of navy blue appliques. The hatlet is composed of a small square or diamond shaped skullcap of dark blue mesh overlaid with dark blue braid appliques in scrolling forms decorated with french knots. Around the four sides are further triangular shaped appliques, wired along the edges, to stand up around the crown. Affixed near the lower edges of the hatlet is dark blue net veil. Hatlet is lined with blue mesh and edged with a thin band of dark navy blue velvet. At either side are small plastic combs to secure hatlet to wearer's head. Designer's Label: "Bes-Ben / Made in Chicago". Gift of Mr. William T. Doyle, through the Chicago Historical Society. From the estate of Dorothy Wrigley Offield.
- Physical Description: Measurements, not including veil: 17 cm. front to back; 18 cm. side to side; 8 cm. high at highest point.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1955
- Place Name: United States - Illinois - Cook County - Chicago
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1981.001.002
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38064