Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hatlet
Designer: Green-Field, Benjamin B.Creator Type: Personal
Manufacturer: Bes-BenContributor Type: Organization
Donor: Doyle, William T.Contributor Type: Personal
Former owner: Offield, Dorothy WrigleyContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1955
- No Language
- Content Description: Hatlet of modified calot type with brown, beige, white, blue and green feathers, the whole covered with a very fine veil sprinkled with tiny rhinestones. Inside of crown lined at center with a green silk(?), edged with green grosgrain ribbon. Outer part of crown lined in a green knit material. Attached to grosgrain ribbon are Hatpin of matching material. Lined in green fabric. Two combs attached to both sides of green grosgrain headband. No labels. Attributed to Bes-Ben at time of donation. Gift of Mr. William T. Doyle, through the Chicago Historical Society. From the estate of Dorothy Wrigley Offield.
- Physical Description: Measurements: 20 cm. front to back; 22 cm. side to side; 9 cm. high at highest point.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Featherwork
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1955
- Place Name: United States - Illinois - Cook County - Chicago
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1981.001.001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc38063